Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Thursday 16 April 2015

Brown Falcon with Prey, White-fronted Honeyeater, Crimson Chat, Centralian Blue-tongue and other photos around Nyirripi

Late yesterday afternoon I was watching a few of the water birds at the local Sewage Ponds at Nyirripi when a Brown Falcon arrived clutching some freshly caught prey.





This morning I ventured out early to see what was around some of the more cleared areas of Emu Bore Road. The sunrise was pretty spectacular.


A Chiming Wedgebill was singing its heart out as the sun rose, but as hard as I tried I couldn't locate it. Competing for the early morning noisiest bird was a Crested Bellbird, but again it stayed beyond sight. The White-fronted Honeyeaters and Crimson Chats were much more accommodating, if a little shy. Once the sun had broken over the horizon, birds came from everywhere out of the grasses and the few trees around. Willie Wagtails, Grey-headed Honeyeaters, Singing and Spiny-cheeked Honeyeaters as well as a few Black-faced Woodswallows. I tried to get as close as I could to the White-fronted Honeyeaters as they have proved elusive in the past, below are some of the better shots, as well as a Crimson Chat that came very close to the car just as I headed back to the Community to start work.






Finally for this post, yesterday afternoon I went scouting for a spot for this morning along Emu Bore Road, and was very happy to spot this Centralian Blue-tongue on the road.



7 comments:

  1. A great series of images Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see things like Blue-tonged Skinks around. If I want to see one, I have to go to the pet store. Seeing them in their natural habitat would be a real thrill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, I've only managed to see a few and it has been a thrill each time.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic shots and what great Bird Species you have out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete