Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Thursday 8 October 2015

Brown Goshawks - enough photos to (almost) fill a calendar

I posted about this pair about a week ago. Since then, I've managed a few decent photos, in flight, on the nest, with prey, copulating, all can be seen below. They haven't got eggs in the nest yet as far as I can tell as neither of them seems too worried about leaving it unattended. Can't be too far off now though, I've been hearing and seeing them copulate for over 2 weeks.

This morning I had a distant recollection of a cartoon with a sheepdog and a wolf. Each night the "pair" clocked off and the others clocked on. Shift change. One of them was called "Sam" I think. Anyway, the Goshawk male and the Black-breasted Buzzard male both returned to their respective nest within about 5 minutes of each other, and the females of both flew off. I was wondering if the two males were quietly sitting on their respective nests asking how the other one's early morning hunt had gone. Enough waffle. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Brown Goshawks

with Budgerigar


with rodent


making babies



pair flying, female on right











No comments:

Post a Comment